Sunday, August 06, 2017

Sunday fun!

I'm sitting in my living room looking out into the courtyard and this is just a portion of my view. I love the fountain... it's color dark and shiny as the water cascades down, and that heavenly sound of the water flowing from one tier to the next. I haven't used this room much since we moved in years ago, but decided it was time and moved my laptop down to the desk so I can enjoy this view more often.



I'm making slow, but steady progress with my finger, I think. I say I think because one day I can do my exercises and see progress and the next day it's stiff and swollen. I just want to be able to use it.

I've been reading more than usual since I cannot yet knit, quilt, embroider, rotary cut, or use my camera. Reading The Woman in Cabin 10 right now and it's tough to put down!

My husband and I did work in our front yard today pulling weeds and pruning several bushes and trees that had become overgrown. Slowly, but very surely our yard is starting to look better. And, I made Chocolate Chip Scones.

I guess that's a pretty nice Sunday, isn't it? :) 

Take care,







I started 2017 with UFO projects: 32
I have found (buried in my sewing room and elsewhere in the house) YTD: 0
I have started YTD: 1 ongoing project (composed of 34 units as of 4/5/17)
I have given away UFO projects YTD:0
I have thrown out or otherwise dismantled YTD: -2
I have sold unfinished UFO projects YTD:0
I have finished YTD: -1 "finished-for-now" project (composed of 41 units as of 4/27/17)
I have finished YTD: -1
Projects remaining YTD: 29

3 comments:

Material Girl said...

I hope your finger is better soon. I read that book- it was very strange........

Sally said...

Lovely view. We just did some garden "remodeling" and I am going to put a water fountain beside my back door. I should be able to hear it while I'm in the kitchen, as well as when I'm in my sewing/knitting room. Always something to do it seems...

Hope your finger continues to mend.

We went to my daughter's for the weekend and her dog took a bite out of two of my fingers. Afraid I wouldn't be able to knit, but still can. Yeah! Sorry for long comment.

Elizabeth Rosenberg said...

Hi! I manage a quilt shop on Long Island, NY. I will be teaching a class on Delectable Mountain scrap quilts in the fall and haven't finished the sample yet. Would you be willing to give me permission to use your photo of your beautiful Scrappy Mountain Majesties for our class schedule -- just until I get my sample finished? I'd be very grateful.

Please contact me at elizquilt@gmail.com

Thanks!
Elizabeth Rosenberg